- Commissioned for the ABC Listening Room, first broadcast 15/3/99
- Producer for The Listening Room - Sherre de Lys
- Recording engineer - John Jacobs
- Talkback radio host and archive voices courtesy of ABC radio staff, with texts by Jon Rose.
- Irish fiddle music played on a tenor violin (Vatiliotis) by Jon Rose. All MIDI instruments, the quarter tone violin, Tromba Mariner, sound effects, film track reconstructions, and arrangements of The Pitcairn National Hymn performed in authentic Pitcairn vocal style by Jon Rose.
Jon Rose continues his life long work rewriting the history of the violin; although in the case of The Bounty's fiddle player Michael Byrne, the original story is so bizarre that it is enough to juxtapose the facts and fictions presented by the historians, the descendants of the Mutineers, the descendants of the notorious Captain Bligh and the demands of Hollywood, for a radio drama to emerge that circumnavigates the full pretensions and despair of human hopes. Paradise lost on the oceans of the most audacious Irish fiddle music.